I’m not anti-news. I think it’s really important to be informed. I just think it’s also important to be inspired.
~ Daryn Kagan
In her twelve-year tenure as an anchor on CNN, Daryn Kagan had the opportunity to cover the news from a wide variety of angles. From war to the Oscars to professional sports to traveling Africa with Bono, her TV news career gave her an incredible opportunity to get up close and personal with the headlines.
When she left CNN, she decided it was time for a change. The result was DarynKagan.com, the home base for a media company dedicated to positive, inspiring news. Since the site launched in November 2006, it has become a daily destination for thousands of people looking for real life stories that inspire them.
The site also inspired Kagan's upcoming book, coming out in April, titled, What’s Possible! Fifty True Stories of Real People Who Dared to Dream They Could Make a Difference.
As Kagan shares her story, you'll hear:
- How inspiration comes in bits and pieces.
- Why having her idea shot down by Yahoo! was the best thing that could have happened to her.
- How she takes a "salad bowl" approach to her business.
- How following her heart has opened doors and made things easier.
- How deciding how to spend her personal "energy budget" powers her success.
- Why she thinks choosing who you want to be is the most powerful choice of all.
Click here to listen:
Curt Rosengren's M.A.P. Maker Podcast: Daryn Kagan
You can subscribe to the podcast's feed here.
Curt Rosengren, Passion Catalyst TM